GOING MAD
At 8am I attempted to reach my therapist. The
last three times she was supposed to come see me she was a no-show. She could
not speak with me today because she was absent due to illness and the
psychiatrist could not see me until June 14th.
Today I am pissed. I do not know why but something irks
inside me screaming to be set free. It is anger in its rawest form, passion in
its purest structure, and fear in its most heinous disguise. Why I ask myself.
After more than a year of peace, why have I encountered this burst of evil
forcing its way from my core wanting to cause destruction to everything in its
path? However, its main path of devastation is me.
Not being able to sleep last night was
nothing new. However, I could tell something was not quite right when
insignificant events started to aggravate me. The sound of the phone seemed much
louder. My ears started ringing. The sound of my mother's voice, who is my best
friend, made my skin crawl.
Anyone asking me a question put me on the
offensive. Also, I had become convinced during a severe anxiety attack during
the night that I had leukemia.
My belligerent screams were heard between
chaotic grumblings. My salty tears washed a sad, confused, and strained face. Am
I sad? No! I am angry. Angry as hell! I am livid because I cannot chase the fear
away. This deviant fear gnaws at my heart causing it to miss beats in rapid
succession. A fear in respect that I am going to die TODAY and I will not have
the chance to make up for the disarray I have caused in my children's
lives.
Anxiety rules my every waking thought. When
I am able to finally sleep it last only a few hours because anxiety finds me
there too. It creeps into my dreams creating horrific nightmares causing me to
wake shrieking, crying, and gasping for air. The conundrum of sleep has now
become even more complex. My body grows weary from exhaustion induced by
insomnia. Now, because of the nightmares I wish not to sleep at all.
This morning I fell to my knees screaming with all
the air bursting forth from my lungs. I cried violently, slamming my fist on the
floor. My head had a sensation as if it would explode if I relinquished
bellowing out this uncontrollable rage that had appeared from nowhere. Then
within minutes the vomit came. Collapsing onto my back I resumed screaming like
a banshee and weeping uncontrollably. Finally, my shaking body sprang to its
feet. I felt the compulsion to run. To run anywhere as fast and hard as I
possibly could. I went outside where I saw my son being
disrespectful to my mother. It was more than I could suffer and I flew into an
even greater rage.
I rarely raise my voice to my children. They are
young adults now. This morning I shouted obscenities at my son for being rude to
everyone. I told him I would no longer stand quietly and allow him to be
disrespectful to my parents or me. He started to argue with me so I rushed over
and stood only inches away from his face. He yelled for me to move because he
was leaving. Not wanting to allow him to run away from me, he tried to pull into
the road to leave but found me sitting in the middle of it. He ran into the road
and pulled me out of it as I fought with him to leave me there. I explained to
him that I loved him so much I was willing to die for him and I was going to
prove it. He slung me into the yard as I kicked and cried. The next thing I know
he was in his jeep squealing tires and escaping as quickly as he could go.
I dashed back into my trailer crying louder than ever and
vomited again. I hit the speed ball trying to alleviate some of the continuously
building fury. I had this driving need to hit something and pound it hard. The
speed ball was not enough though. I punched yet another hole in the wall. I
wanted to hit someone but I did not want to hurt anyone for the life of me. At
this point I was petrified of lashing out physically at another person. The only
choice I had left was to hurt myself. And that is what I did.
It had been over a year since I
had last cut myself. I thought that demon had left
me. However, this morning when the wrath and mania was oozing out of my very
pores I had to release it somehow. I could not risk hurting someone. I took my
trusty razor blade and made two 11/2 inch slashes on my inner forearms and
watched the red evil from inside me gush into the drain. When my daughter came
to the bathroom she calmly said, "Ok momma let me have a look. Yep, you're gonna
need stitches again. I'll quickly get ready to carry you to the hospital. I
think you have lost enough blood now, let me wrap your arms up for you." Though,
I did not feel I had let enough of the blood flow. I wanted to drain out as much
of the malevolence from within my body as I could before reaching a dangerous
point. However, I had found a relative amount relief.
At the hospital I received seven stitches in my left arm
and eight in my right. I begged them to wash my blood because I felt it was
tainted but the doctor assured me once I had my usual shot to relax me I would
not believe that way anymore. I refused the shot because it puts me into a deep,
deep sleep that my family has a hard time waking me from. The doctor, a long
time friend I grew up with, begged me to reconsider and to take the shot of
Geodon and Ativan but I still refused. While the doctor was sewing
me up I asked God if he would forgive me for this too.
Disquietude over failing God keeps my mind entangled in a
web of delusions. Or are they delusions? I do not know anymore. If only I had
more faith in God I know this trepidation would dissipate. The discernment to
know true forgiveness of self continues to elude me. I believe God forgives so I
reflect continuously on why I cannot find it inside myself to do the same. I
pray relentlessly each day, sometimes every hour, begging for his help and
forgiveness of my sins. I wonder if God ever decides that enough is enough. He
does however know what our future lives entail. Maybe I am already doomed to be
infected with this demonic beast that haunts me and is meant to torture me to
the end of my days. This is what the doctors inform me. However, I
do believe in Gods healing power yet today I let God down again as I did my
family.
I am still pissed but not as much as I was
earlier today. Now the guilt is settling in. There is so much shame.
No comments:
Post a Comment